- Theory of Sound, Basic Physics of Ultrasound.
- Leak Detection: Concepts of Leak Detection, Fluids Defined, Leak Rates, Acoustic Properties of a Leak .
- Electrical Inspection: Safety Considerations, Overview of Types of Electrical Equipment, Voltages .
- Steam Trap Inspection: Steam Applications, Steam Trap types, Acoustic properties .
- Review of Airborne Ultrasound Technology, Applications and Methods, Practical Experience.
- Understanding the principles of ultrasound as applied to predictive maintenance.
- Gaining knowledge on generic ultrasound equipment such as airborne and structure-borne sensors and their functions.
- Exploring data acquisition and storage options.
- Analyzing and trending data, utilizing time signal analysis and setting up statistical decibel alarms.
- In depth study of ultrasound applications; leak detection, bearing lubrication and monitoring, steam. Trap and valve inspection, electrical systems analysis, hydraulic inspections and more.
- Assessing equipment to determine severity priorities.
- Recommendations on implementing an ultrasound program at your facility.